Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/42562: mail/zmailer

The following reply was made to PR ports/42562; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
To: "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, veers@disturbed.net
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 02:11:14 +0200

 --=.O:cabSEp6a6RUi

 * "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org> [Sun, 8 Sep 2002 19:04:53 -0500]:
 > >       Two weeks ago nectar commited patch-smtpserver::smtpcmds.c to
 > >       this port.  Commitlog says it should fix a potential remote
 > >       buffer overflow.
 > >
 > >       nectar probably grabbed this patch from Bugtraq and committed
 > >       it without testing.
 >
 > No, I derived the (trivial) fix myself and tested it.  The problem is
 > simply that I generated the patch reversed ... thanks for catching!
 > I've fixed it now.

 Thanks.

 > >       Problem: The Patch is against 2.99.55. The FreeBSD port is at
 > >       version 2.99.51. So the patch did not apply.
 > >
 > >       Version 2.99.51 doesn't contain the piece of buggy code, the
 > >       patch wants fix.
 >
 > Maybe you are thinking of some other issue?  The issue I fixed was
 > found in 2.99.51 by 3APA3A and was not reported to bugtraq at the time
 > that I was notified.

 No, i was just guessing too much, I don't have two weeks archive of Bugtraq in
 my brain :)

 regards
 arved

 --=.O:cabSEp6a6RUi