Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:59:13 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: textproc/libxslt memory debugging...

> > > Pretty much the same as the last patch only with less tunables.  This
> > > look alright?  -sc
> > Err... wrong patch.  Correct one attached.  -sc
>
> Sure.  Do you already have a use planned for this, or is this just
> something you think will be interesting to some users?

I can't speak for everyone, but I do libxslt development and both the
libxml and libxslt libraries are quirky, at best, with the way it
handles memory.  When gluing Ruby with libxslt, it really helps to see
what libxml/libxslt thinks is going on.  The Perl interface had to
build its own reference counting on top of libxml and libxslt, and I've
finally caved and am doing the same for Ruby.  In talking with other
folks who use these libs, it sounds like my experiences aren't unique.

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden