Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 14:23:36 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, JbHunt <johnnyu@accessus.net>, "[Mario1-]" <mario1@PrimeNet.Com>
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

> =)4) did you LEARN from this experience? If not, *WHY* not?
>
> 	Ofcourse... never trust anyone on the system.  Too bad there

Erm - I guess that answers the question:  You didn't. :-)

The moral to this story wasn't that you should never trust anyone on
the system - that's a given anyway and you should know basic things
like that before ever even thinking of selling your services as a
system admin.

The real moral here is that you should be able to trust your admins to
properly secure your system and make contingency plans beforehand
for when and if the worst happens.

					Jordan