Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:09:35 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mjguzik@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org, mjg@FreeBSD.org, utisoft@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: mountlate being too mount-happy

----Security_Multipart(Sun_Nov_18_15_09_35_2012_216)--

Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com> wrote
  in <20121118002245.GB15055@dft-labs.eu>:

mj> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 07:43:25AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
mj> > Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com> wrote
mj> >   in <CADLo839wqzAPenuQDOVpQ74yjCMkPQNceKpvs_N9XNwMLrkC1A@mail.gmail.com>:
mj> >
mj> > ut> On 2 November 2012 14:21, Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
mj> > ut> > On 2 November 2012 09:56, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com> wrote:
mj> > ut> >> I'll take a look.
mj> > ut> >
mj> > ut> > untested:
mj> > ut>
mj> > ut> Based on Eitan's patch, I've tested this one, and documented it in mount(8) too:
mj> > ut>
mj> > ut> http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/mountonlylate.diff
mj> > ut>
mj> > ut> Does anyone have any suggestions/objections/urge to approve it?
mj> >
mj> >  Is the original problem due to backgrounding of NFS mount only?  If
mj> >  so, implementing prevention of duplicate invocation into mount(8)
mj> >  would be more reasonable, I think.
mj> >
mj>
mj> We have 2 distinct scripts that try to mount same set of filesystems.
mj> I think this is the real bug here and proposed patches makes it go away in
mj> an IMHO acceptable way.

 I just wanted to make sure if the case is limited to background NFS
 mount or not.

 rc.d/mountlate just tries to mount the filesystems that are not
 mounted yet at that time in addition to the "late" ones, not always
 to mount the same set twice.  If it is a bug, it is better to simply
 fix -l to exclude not-yet-mounted ones without "late" keyword than
 adding another option.

-- Hiroki