Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2016 00:03:48 -0600
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Passing target to source Makefile

Hi there,

I've been able to hack up the Makefile for an update of lua53 but the
one thing still missing is the ability to pass a target for the source
Makefile (i.e. lua's Makefile, not the ports Makefile). I need to pass
in "freebsd" as per the build instructions for lua.

Also, I can't seem to get make makeplist to work, but I think that's
because the lua makefile is defaulting to install the files (due to
the lack of target) and overriding the makeplist output?

Thanks,

Russell