Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:56:50 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, Questions FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
Subject:   Re: Blender port

On 17/08/2012 04:47, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:33:22 +0200, Peter Boosten wrote:
>>> So I did a ktrace, and it seems to stumble on a library it cannot find: libirml.so
>>> This library however is nowhere to be found on my system, nor in the ports repository.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what this library is for, and where would I find that library?
>
> No port seems to install that library (at least according to pkg-plist files).
> Maybe you could file a PR
>

>> IRML - it seems to be the "Intel Resource Management Layer library.
>> It is a work dispatcher used by Threading Building Blocks (TBB)."
>> The tbb port (devel/tbb) however does not contain it. No port
>> seems to mention it in its pkg-plist file. The google search
>> results are very disillusioning, even more than the "typical
>> Linuxisms" that sometimes hits a FreeBSD port... ;-)

I'm not the blender maintainer but I compile the svn versions regularly
and I'm the maintainer for openimageio which is a recent addition that
blender uses for the cycles render engine. I use 9.0 amd64. I've just
dusted off the old P4 and installed a clean version of 8.2, updated the
ports tree and started compiling everything, I'll see if I can get the
same issue tomorrow.

I'll assume you have your ports tree up to date and are building the
latest version.

Have you had an earlier version of blender running?

The only reference to libirml I can find is as part of Intels compiler
package and it doesn't appear to be a part that the freebsd ports
version of icc installs. One guess is that you may be using icc or have
in the past leaving a dependency that was built with icc.

While libirml seems to have some relation to tbb I don't see any
reference within devel/tbb. graphics/openimageio brings in the
dependency for tbb so you could try turning off the CYCLES option in
blender to turn off that dependency. libirml may also be related to
openmp so try turning off OPENMP as well.

Maybe try turning off some other options to help pinpoint where it comes
from. CAMERATRACK CARVE CYCLES OCEANSIM are the newest additions.