Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 12:38:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bruce Walter <walter@bios.unc.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   User PPP buffer space

Hello all,

I remember a thread a while back about user PPP running out of buffer
space quickly or with flood pings.  If I remember correctly it was due to
quench not being issued in response to ENOBUFS.

My problem is similar:  I have a 28.8 connection which stays nailed up
24/7.  After a random (but large, approx. 110,000) number of seconds this
error pops up and the link goes phase dead, forcing a kill -9 on ppp and
usually the recreation of tun0.

I am running 2.2-SNAP-960612 on both machines, but thought this was fixed
before then.  Sorry if this has been fixed in subsequent snaps (I've been
too busy to upgrade).  If not, does anyone have any ideas?

- Bruce

|| Bruce Walter                   || CB #7400 McGavran-Greenberg Hall ||
|| Information Technology Support || Chapel Hill, NC  27599-7400      ||
|| Department of Biostatistics    || Tel: 919-966-7279                ||
|| University of North Carolina   || Fax: 919-966-3804                ||
||       BSD Unix -- It's not just a job, it's a way of life!         ||