Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:00:30 -0700
From:      "David G. Lawrence" <dg@dglawrence.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bachilo Dmitry <root@solink.ru>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nve0: device timeout (1)

> >      I have a work-around patch for the problem that I've attached to this
> >   email. It simply disables the watchdog. A real fix would involve accounting
> >   for the outstanding transmit buffers differently (or perhaps not at all -
> >   e.g. always attempt to call the nvidia-supplied code and if a queue-full
> >   error occurs, then wait for an interrupt before trying to queue more
> >   transmit packets).
>
> What about the patch just posted to amd64@?  It looks like a patch for
> this issue.  It changes the watchdog() routine to detect this condition
> and if it happens exit the routine early without emitting a printf or
> resetting the chip.

   Yeah, I saw the patch. It seems like a reasonable fix to me - maybe just
a little kludgy, but it has better performance than a fully 'correct' fix.

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.