Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:13:05 +0100
From:      tuexen@freebsd.org
To:        current@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request for Testing: TCP RACK

Dear all,

recently the main branch was changed to build the TCP RACK stack
which is a loadable kernel module, by default:
=
https://cgit.FreeBSD.org/src/commit/?id=3D3a338c534154164504005beb00a3c6fe=
b03756cc

As discussed on the bi-weekly transport call, it would be great if =
people
could test the RACK stack for their workload. Please report any problems =
to the
net@ mailing list or open an issue in the bug tracker and drop me a note =
via email.
This includes regressions in CPU usage, regressions in performance or =
any other
unexpected change you observe.

You can load the kernel module using
kldload tcp_rack

You can make the RACK stack the default stack using
sysctl net.inet.tcp.functions_default=3Drack

Based on the feedback we get, the default stack might be switched to the
RACK stack.

Best regards
Michael