Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:40:17 GMT
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/80109: MSI K8T Master2-FAR notes

>Number:         80109
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       MSI K8T Master2-FAR notes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
MSI K8T Master2-FAR

VIA® K8T800™ / VIA® VT8237™ Dual Socket940

Functional.

It *really* does not play well with RAM: I've gone through a few OCZ kits trying to find one that works, and I still can't enable ECC (FreeBSD freezes during boot).  The board booted fine with 1.5GB installed, but then up and decided to cause memory corruption in the 2x256MB sticks.  Note that these sticks successfully completed five memtest runs in another machine.

Currently only using one CPU, but comments from the mailing list indicate that dual CPU installations don't break anything else.

Have yet tried enabling SMBus support, but I don't imagine it will be an issue, as the board is VIA-based.