Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 1995 14:47:55 -0800
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de
Cc:        hackers
Subject:   Re: Diffs to the dump utility, rewritten with respect to your comments

  > Let's assume, he makes two backups, to be save, but he too lazy
  > or inexperienced, to check, if he can read it in....

Do you know how to check a dump w/o actually restoring to disk and
comparing files?  I was thinking of adding an option to restore to
restore to stdout, allowing something like 'restore | checksumprogram'
and comparing the checksum signature w/ the on-disk files.  Of course,
I'd be very happy if someone else beat to to it.

							Jeffrey