Date:      Sat, 30 Jul 2022 13:36:02 -0500
From:      Software Info <softwareinfojam@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com>
Cc:        Nick Kostirya via freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mailman and obhttpd

Put this down for a while. Eventually came back to it. Apparently, the
proper syntax is
       location "/Mailman/*" {
                fastcgi socket "/var/www/run/slowcgi.sock"
                root "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
                request strip 1

Works perfectly now. Thanks.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 12:03 AM Software Info <softwareinfojam@gmail.com> w=
rote:

> Thanks very much for your reply. I had tried that exact line but when
> I ran obhttpd -n I kept getting a syntax error on line 12. That's the
> line that has
> root { "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/", strip 1 }   When I changed the
> line to root "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/" the sytax error went away.
> Could it be that the FreeBSD version of HTTPD doesn't support all the
> options that the OpenBSD version does?
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 10:00 PM Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com> wrote:
> >
> > Not an expert on the openbsd https but from what I recall Your root sho=
uld look more like root { =E2=80=9C/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin=E2=80=9C, str=
ip 1 } =E2=80=94 your current configuration is telling it to exec the direc=
tory, which obviously won=E2=80=99t work. =E2=80=A6 the latter tells it to =
take the URI and strip one component off to complete the filesystem part to=
 the CGI=E2=80=A6