Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:33:20 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        "cameron grant" <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Enhancing the CS461x audio driver...

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 12:59, you wrote:

Hi there,

> if you have docs that actually specify how to control the spdif output,
> send them to me and i'll include it in a future driver version.
>
>     -cg

Unfortunately it seems I jumped to soon  over it, the PDFs available on the
Cirrus site don't contain any info about SPDIF, but I recall that the linux
driver they have on their did contain the register addresses in a .h file,
although I've seen that the ALSA driver for my card (4624 actually) is not
able to enable digital output.

I've gone to the cirrus site but somehow can't figure out how to download the
linux driver (that or maybe is their javascript playing nasty with opera) and
don't remember where I did put the copy I downloaded some time ago, but I
would swear there is info on the spdif registers in the linux driver, I'll
try to download it from a *gasp* windows box laster this evening and will
look at it.

Yours,

--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net