Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:30:16 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Hayden Katzenellenbogen <hayden@tudogs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk your system is too old

On 2/28/00, 1:07:25 PM, Hayden Katzenellenbogen <hayden@tudogs.com>
wrote regarding bsd.port.mk your system is too old:

> I have mailed about this already but things do not seem as easy as
> they
> seemed.

> here is the problem I am running 3.3-release I ran cvsup on my ports
> collection now nothing works.

> =3D=3D=3D>  cvsup-16.1 : Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.m=
k.
> You
> need a fresh make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and follow the
> instructions.

<snip>

Dear Hayden Katzenellenbogen,

I last cvsupped -STABLE at about 10:00 (Italian time) on Sunday
morning, made buildworld, installworld, mergemaster, devices,
sysinstall, kernel; everything seems to work like charm :-)

If the upgrade kit shouldn't do its job, please upgrade via make
world. It is worth doing under every respect.

BTW: XFree86-3.3.6, cvsup-16.1 (and "mega" Modula-3 !!),
Linux_base-6.1, StarOffice 5 etc. etc. etc. appear to work
delightfully.

I am afraid that when something goes wrong this is often due to a n
incorrect procedure (eg some "cute" shortcut).

Good luck
Salvo