Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 22:42:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSDI mount - - the patch posted to me works (somewhat)

Hi folks,

Just wanted to report that the hack/patch which Matt Thomas sent to me DOES
work to allow BSDI disks to be mounted.

Yes, its ugly, and I understand that it will only work for disks that are
one big BSDI slice and partition (if I'm reading the code right) but that's
all I need for my purposes.

The kernel bitches during the mount about the magic number for the partition
being wrong, but it fscks and mounts anyway, and once mounted doesn't blow
up.  At least not so far :-)

Thanks.  It isn't perfect, but it'll do what I need.

Given this patch, I assume REAL support for this kind of thing wouldn't be
hard to figure out and do.  At the very least it doesn't look like
committing the patch would hurt anything.

Thoughts?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 32 Analog Prefixes, 13 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal