Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:29:10 -0500
From:      Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net>
To:        "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@kayjay.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Squirrelmail and php4 ports shake-up?

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 11:27:06AM +0200, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:06:11PM -0500, Josh Tolbert wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After upgrading mod_php4 (using portupgrade) and installing
> > lang/ph4-extensions (after learning of the php4 ports shake-up in
> > /usr/ports/UPDATING), mail/squirrelmail now refuses to play nice with IMAP
> > over SSL. I haven't tried plain IMAP, cause I haven't built IMAP to allow
> > plain-text connections.
> >
> > The errors I see from squirrelmail appear after entering a login and password
> > are:
> >
> > Warning: fsockopen(): no SSL support in this build in
> > /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445
> >
> > Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:993 in
> > /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 445
> >
> > and I'm not able to check/read/send mail.
> >
> > I've tried the "obvious" things: rebuilt squirrelmail, checked the php
> > requirements of squirrelmail, did a bit of searching, etc., but I can't find a
> > fix for this problem.
> >
> > All the modules built by lang/php4-extensions are being loaded in
> > /usr/local/etc/php.ini, a phpinfo()
> > (<http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/php/phpinfo.php>) shows information for
> > the features I had requested to be built by lang/php4-extensions, but
> > squirrelmail and the extensions don't play nice together.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this? It worked great before the php4 ports
> > shake-up. The only reason I upgraded was to take care of the potential
> > security vulnerability that portaudit listed for php; if I had known this was
> > going to happen I would have held off a bit.
>
> Adding "--with-openssl=/usr/local" in the lang/php4 port Makefile under
> "CONFIGURE_ARGS" fixed it for me.
>
> Karel.

Hi Karel,

Thanks much. Doing this (but using /usr, cause I'm using the base OpenSSL)
fixed the problem for me.

Thanks again,
Josh Tolbert
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi@puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield