Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:56:55 +0200
From:      Mark Evenson <mark.evenson@gmx.at>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        Dan Reinholz <xaenn@yahoo.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Evince 2.22.2_3: "Unhandled MIME type: =?utf-8?b?4oCcYXBwbGlj?= =?utf-8?b?YXRpb24vcGRm4oCdIg==?=

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:57:03 -0500, Mark Evenson <mark.evenson@gmx.at>
> wrote:
>
>> Dan Reinholz wrote:
>>> Since updating to the latest revision of Evince (to
>>> 2.22.2_3 from 2.22.2_2) I am no longer able to open
>>> .pdf files. Anytime I try to do so I now get the
>>> error:

[...]

> Have you guys follow in /usr/ports/UPDATING?

Which entry?  Grep'ing for 'evince' doesn't show anything.

On additional nosing around, it seems that GNOME (at least Nautilus) has
lost the notion of MIME types altogether.

Is there a command-line equivalent to magic(1) for GNOME to show what
GNOME thinks the underlying MIME type consists of?

--
<Mark.Evenson@gmx.at>

"[T]his is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into."