Date:      Mon, 09 Aug 1999 23:35:44 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Hal Flynn <hal@achilles.gibralter.net>, unfurl@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at LinuxWorld

> It is on mine.  I use the wdm login manager from WindowMaker,

Actually not from Window Maker...  It's got quite a few, erm,
'features' too.  The person who derived it from xdm told me
he wasn't interested in maintaining it so I don't expect the
problems to be fixed soon  :-(

> and the "daemon looking over the wasteland" screen background.

Heh... I always interpreted this as the "daemon facing the sun
over the wasteland it has created"

> One of these days I'm going to replace the planet earth in the
> little login box with a daemon logo also.  The next step would
> be to make a standard "workstation" configuration button that
> installs all of this with one (or a few) knobs in sysinstall.

I haven't looked at it in a while but 'Login.App' is a nice and
lightweight console utility which also doesn't break xdm function-
ality like wdm does.

It would make a very nice port if dressed up for FreeBSD, but
unfortunately I'm too busy right now...

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net