Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:40:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ralph Huntington <rjh@mohawk.net>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@jwweeks.com>
Cc:        <francisv@dagupan.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting default e-mail sender on Apache

From=20the sendmail man page (I image there is a similar switch for qmail
and postfix):

       -fname Sets the name of the  ``from''  person  (i.e.,  the
              envelope  sender  of  the  mail).  This address may
              also be used in the From: header if that header  is
              missing  during  initial  submission.  The envelope
              sender address is used as the recipient for  deliv=AD
              ery  status  notifications and may also appear in a
              ``trusted''  users (normally root, daemon, and net=AD
              work) or if the person you are trying to become  is
              the  same  as the person you are.  Otherwise, an X-
              Authentication-Warning header will be added to  the
              message.

So, have your script use the -f switch when calling sendmail. This is what
IMP does, for example.

Hope this is useful,

Ralph