Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:50:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Lee Reese <lee@gwinnett.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Viability of -current for Usenet News

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Lee Reese wrote:

> with 256MB and a DPT 3334UW Raid Controller.
> machine would be running INN 2.0.  We have seen severe buffering
> problems with the RAID controller and Linux in its present state.  Could

  I've just seen a RedHat 5.1 system with a such a controller, hang.  It
doesn't seem the Linux DPT driver is very stable.  It seems easy to get
into a situation where all processes accessing the disk, hang.  The
FreeBSD DPT driver seems quite a bit more solid than that, although
setting it up is more difficult.

Tom