Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:36:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacement for strptime(3) ? (fwd)

Question: what is the "official" position regarding ports that require
hacks (or borrowed addition) to FreeBSD libraries.  Read below for
specifics, but the short form is that in order to port mSQL 2.0b5
completely, I need strptime(3), which isn't in FBSD libc, but is in GNU
libc.

Can I just include strptime.c in ${FILESDIR} and compile it up for this
port, or does that tread on policy (GNU, FreeBSD, or otherwise ?)

--
j.