Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:47:36 +0100
From:      "Frank de Bot (lists)" <lists@searchy.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   10.0-RC2 kernel panic after removing iscsi target (zfs related)

Hello,

I just had a kernel panic on FreeBSD 10.0 RC2 while 'playing' around
with iscsi and ZFS. The following steps lead to a kernel panic:

- With the iscsi (native) initiator I tried to connect a ietd target. It
connects and shows up as /dev/da0
- I try to create a single drive zpool: 'zpool create web004a /dev/da0'
- It hangs and dmesg is spammed with: 'WARNING: 10.13.37.3:3260
(iqn.2013-12.nl.searchy.host003:web004a): connection error;
reconnecting'. I didn't check any cause of this.
- I tried to forcefully remove the iscsi drive with: 'iscsictl -R -t
iqn.2013-12.nl.searchy.host003:web004a'
- The kernel panic occurs. I can reproduce it with these steps.

I don't have checked the target, but I think the iniator should not
kernel panic if something goes wrong. Based on the backtrace  I would
guess it's ZFS related

I have stored the crash information here:

http://www.frankdebot.nl/freebsd/kernelpanic/20131222/core.txt.1
http://www.frankdebot.nl/freebsd/kernelpanic/20131222/info.1

Regards,

Frank de Bot