Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:45:12 -0500
From:      emejia@us.ibm.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hello:

I installed FreeBSD 2.2.8 on my IBM THINKPAD 770ED with
64 megs of RAM without any problems.  However, when I
upgraded to 160 megs of RAM, the system hung.  I customized
my kernel with the options, options MAXMEM=<n> set, but the
system still hangs.  Other test kernels had no efect.  I could
not find anything in the FreeBSD website that could help.
Can anyone please offer any advise.   Any help provided
will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Eduardo Mejia