Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:24:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        perhaps@yes.no, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Directories disappearing?

> Could you at least give us some details, like what kind of filesystem ???

UFS, mounted noatime.

None of the times I lost data it was mounted async - one of them it
had been mounted async earlier that session, for the last one I don't
think it had (but it might have been; I'm mount -u'ing that filesystem
back and forth with/without async fairly often).
I know it wasn't async at the time, as that was the first thing I
checked each time the dirs disappeared.  The two first dirs to
disappear were newly created with <10 files/subdirs in each, the last
was an old directory I was removing some files in; it had about 20
files in it at the time it disappeared.

This has happened for me on two different disks, both mounted from a
2940.

Any more details that are of interest?  (I though the UFS fact was
obvious, but in 20/20 hindsight I see it should be stated explicitly.)

Eivind.