Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:31:49 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
To:        mark <mark@itsunix.uwc.ac.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: display problems

> I am having problems with xserver on my machine.
> I have installed version 3.2 and it is working fine.
>
> I have a SiS 6326 card of which the drivers are listed
> I also have a trident 9440 card of which the drivers are also listed.
> I have a meccer 14" monitor.

I don't know beans about your monitor or the Trident card, but I did
at one time successfully get a Trident card with a SiS 6326 working.
It's been a while, but I think I needed

	Option "no_bitblt"
	Option "sw_cursor"

in the appropriate section in /etc/XF86Config.  The first line turns off
the entire blitting engine, though, so performance was almost
unacceptably slow, IMHO.  There's lots of useful goodies like that in

	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.SiS

provided you have the XF86 docs installed.  Merry X11-mas, and HTH.

Lucas
--
                             S. Lucas Bergman
                             Northwestern University