Date:      Mon, Apr 10 2000 12:03:53 GMT-0400
From:      jfreeze@qx.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help with static IP

I have FBSD 3.4R at work.
Recently, I changed from DHCP to a static IP.
However, since the change, my machine can only see the gateway.

Being a novice at this, I am not sure of all the necessary changes.

As I remember, I only made the one change listed below:

==/etc/rc.conf====
#ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
#changed to
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 157.184.175.13 netmask 255.255.255.0"

Can someone help me out as to how to get back up and running with a static IP.

Thanks
Jim