Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:09:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers, ponds!hemi.com!mbarkah
Subject:   Re: Follow-up on Terry's suggestion for "dup alloc" problem.

Ade Barkah writes:
> >  Again, for those who are reading this for the first time; this is
> > a 2.1.6.1 install kernel, running on a 386dx with 12 meg of memory.
> > The problem I'm trying to debug is causing a daily "dup alloc" panic
> > on my news server, and it has occurred since 2.1.0...
>
> Just wondering... how full are the file systems ? (Does the news
> spool filesystem get to 100% full ?)
>
> Regards,
>
> -Ade

  The reliable reproduction is the first allocation of a fresh
filesystem..  That is, you newfs it; and the discover bad blocks.

  My news system; as of just a moment ago, was running at 46%:

     Filesystem   1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
     /dev/wd0s1e    1201215   508553   596565    46%    /usr

which is quite far away from 100%... [This is a full news feed, but
I have a short expiry time (1 day) to keep everything in about 500meg.
500meg/day is about all you can push through a 19200 in-coming uucp
feed.]

	- Dave Rivers -