Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:04:20 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai "IOnut" Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skype?

--Sig_u6.cOy1vizyIwBhEY3JtXxb

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:05:41 -0800
Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net> wrote:

> Anyone out there using Skype with FreeBSD?  I have installed it on my=20
> FreeBSD system after having used it on other platforms, but I can't
> get it to recognize the right sound device.  Skype defaults
> to /dev/dsp, which doesn't work at all.  But the program won't let me
> input what I believe to be the correct sound device: /dev/dspW0.

-devel it's known not to work, finding out why it's on my to do list.

Please post some more details about your system and the error you get.
It should work with /dev/dsp; please check no other app is using it
(follow the handbook to make them use something else).

--=20

BOFH excuse #383:
Your processor has taken a ride to Heaven's Gate on the UFO behind
Hale-Bopp's comet