Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2009 17:10:56 +0000
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <ulf.lilleengen@gmail.com>
To:        Dave Johnson <davej@wsnet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Different size drives

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 05:51:03PM +0200, Dave Johnson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the reply
>

> Example
>
> master drive(ad0)          100014
>
> slave(ad1)                 100000
>
> We need to "clone" from master to slave
>
> geom comes back with
>
> mail# gmirror insert gm0 /dev/ad1
> gmirror: Provider ad1 too small.
Oh, hmm. You have already a filesystem setup and everything on the "master"
mirror? If so, I'm not sure if you can do this without recreating the
gmirror, as the filesystem expects a provider of the master size, and
attaching a smaller slave which can't mirror all the master data won't really
work. The other way around is ofcourse much easier.

--
Ulf Lilleengen