Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:21:16 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aic0 (/dev/rst0) problem

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

>I hope not you are trying to create a tar archive on you CD-ROM drive :-)

No, definitely not (so no, I wasn't that drunk :-> )

>At which operation exactly does it 'hang'?

Any thing which would affect the CD-ROM. I'd try and mount it after a
clean boot, and it would hang. I could then not recover that session.
If I logged in on another vc, I would see that the mount process had been
in a d-state, and a few minutes (literally) later, a kernel message would
pop up saying device timed out (cd0).

>I guess the AVA 1515 is the one with BIOS ROM and other circuitry
>while mine (the AVA 1505) has no BIOS end decoding circuitry.

The 1515 does have the bios rom - for all the good that it does.

--khg