Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 2002 09:33:33 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>, Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Dave Hayes wrote:
> > Not really; it just changes the order of purchase for the items
> > you put on your shopping list.
>
> There's a case of rapidly diminishing space on this planet for the
> people that are on it. I'd say that existing "societies" are aware of
> this fact, and use that as a justifier to make sure that no one
> can go find their own island.

The price for the Tongan Navy as US$1M; seems to me that if you
had bought them first, the problem would not have arisen...

> > I presume you know "The Barometer Story"?
>
> You'd be presuming wrong.

Here is the original:

	http://www.aiglon.ch/archive/meds/ajl.shtm

And here is a more literately amusing, though fictionalized,
version:

	http://168.229.236.7/~rkc1/baro.txt

-- Terry