Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:55:55 +0200
From:      Holm Tiffe <holm@freibergnet.de>
To:        rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lnc PCNet/PCI Ethernet working ?

Robert Swindells wrote:

> >since yesterday morning I'm trying to get the onboard Ethernet interface
> >from my nootebook to work with 4.0-STABLE.
>
> >It seems, this is an AMD Lance based chip, it probes as follows:
>
> >lnc0: <PCNet/PCI Ethernet adapter> port 0x10e0-0x10ff \
> >         mem 0xfc008000-0xfc00801f irq 9 at device 11.0 on pci0
> >lnc0: driver is using old-style compatability shims
> >
> >... but neither the ether adress gets displayed nor is ifconfig working.
>
> Try uncommenting the line in your config file for the isa lnc0 driver and
> delete the line that reads "device lnc0".
>
> The PCI device should then probe as lnc1.

I've done that, but it doesn't make any difference.
The lnc0 is the only device that gets probed and ifconfig -a
lists only serial an parallel network devices.

Holm
--
FreibergNet Systemhaus GbR      Holm Tiffe  * Administration, Development
Systemhaus für Daten- und Netzwerktechnik           phone +49 3731 781279