Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 2015 06:30:55 +0200
From:      Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com>
To:        TooMeeK Admin <maps@toomeek.waw.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dwc on banana pi pro and poor network performance

> On Oct 3, 2015, at 2:53 AM, TooMeeK Admin <maps@toomeek.waw.pl> wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm very interested what exacly image was used here? I would like to build=
 it for my BPi :)

FreeBSD -CURRENT and Crochet were mentioned.=20

> On Linux it should go close to ~960Mbit,

Not even.  600Mbits tops, and that's on a good day, downhill, and with the w=
ind.=20

> so You're right - there is something wrong.
> Please report CPU usage on Your tests? These VLANs are on the same port, s=
o what about Your switch load?
> Please enable Jumbo Frames and test again?

Why?  What would jumbo frames do for you, other than potentially (and artifi=
cially) decease the interrupt rate?

Without running something like jmg's automtu script, how would you talk to o=
ther hosts on the network that don't support jumbo frames?

> Iperf isn't accurate really..

It is fairly accurate. Really.=20