Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:06:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        charon@freethought.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AmbiCom 8100

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 charon@freethought.org wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips for getting the AmbiCom 8100 10/100 ethernet
> cardbus to run under FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE?  Thanks,

I just got ahold of one of these at work, and Windows 98 (ugh) identified
it as a DEC 21143-based NIC PC Card. FreeBSD supports the DEC 21140
chip using the de0 driver, so there's a start.

For a pccard.conf entry, take a look at other network cards' entries. You
will probably need to do a 'dumpcis' to get the proper 'config 0xXX de0
XX' line. I can't find the program with which to do that anymore. It may
be in the PAO distribution, which I don't have installed anywhere at the
moment.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )