Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:30:11 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        netch@lucky.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: original interface name? (5.*)

--Boundary-02=_MDgQBKN0Xcm6tOy

On Friday 10 September 2004 21:18, Valentin Nechayev wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a stable way to determine original interface name (before
> any renaming) in 5.3? I.e. as driver + sequence number?

=46rom inside the kernel you can use ifnet.if_dname + ifnet.if_dunit, from =
the=20
userland I don't know if it's possible to get a look at those fields.

In any way, I suggest not to do that. ifnet.if_xname is supposed to be *the=
*=20
name of the interface. There is no such thing as "original name".

=2D-=20