Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 20:01:47 -0400
From:      cjm88@home.com
To:        Nuno Teixeira <nuno.teixeira@pt-quorum.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: looking for the best and complete bench program

I tried ubench out of the ports tree and found it to be reasonably good for
relative comparisons... mind you I did make sure that I compiled it once on
one machine and then used the same binary as I went from box to box.

Based on simple calculations I found the benchmark result scaled with clock
frequency so I was able to establish reative performance for CPU and memory
for boxes ranging from 486-2/66 to P90, P180, Dual P100 Dual P166, Athon
1.13GHx and so on.  The results that were generated made sense.

ubench is a bit buggy but it does try to normalize for dual cpu
configurations.