Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:21:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Anchanar@optnet.nclack.k12.or.us (Steven Guthrie)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win NT PPP and Installation...

Michael Guthrie asks:
>       I am trying to install free BSD on a 486 machine with 20
> megabytes of ram..  I need to install this over FTP and PPP but he way
> I get my PPP access is via an NT RAS server..  The problem is I have to
> connect using term and ppp0 on the installation program.  I can dial
> and connect just fine it is just when I connect I get connected I get
> nothing...

First, Michael, please format your mail messages.  This one came on one
long line of text, which is very difficult to read.

Next, verify that your NT RAS server is using, or allows, PAP
authentication.  Before you connect with PPP, give PPP the command "set
openmode active".  This will tell the BSD PPP that it must initiate the
PPP connection conversation.