Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:34:11 -0500
From:      Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@FergInc.com>
To:        Alexander Litvin <archer@lucky.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyclades :(

On Wed, Oct 29, 1997 at 10:16:40AM +0200, Alexander Litvin wrote:
>> I'm just curious why the Cyclades are mentioned as the "first choice"
>> in the handbook? Nobody has any problems with them?
>
> I agree -- ISA cy works. As for PCI...

 I have had some problems with them but they have been rather reliable
 ...  the I am using four of the CY-8 PCI version..  at first there
 were some problems with the boards loosing half of their ports..
 this seems to have gone away with the versions..  I am currently
 using them as console ports for my mainframes.. it allows me to
 connect to that machine, use watch and then be on the console. This
 is of great benefit.

  -branson

Branson Matheson       	        " If you are falling off of a mountain,
Unix System Administrator         You may as well try to fly."
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.           - Delenn, Mimbari Ambassador
           ( $statements = <BRANSON> ) !~ /Corporate Opinion/;