Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 10:41:07 -0500
From:      chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Device drivers

        I have access to a Etherlink III PCI 3C590 Ethernet card and a
Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 LAN Adapter (actually they sit in a drawer
collecting dust :). I understand that there is a driver in -current for
the 3C590 but I also understand that it doesn't take advantage of the
full capabilities of the card (which capabilities I'm not clear on
because I'm not an expert on this card).
	Anyhow, I'd be more than willing to spend a little time trying
to write drivers for these cards (or testing other people's if they
are already working on them). However, I have very little experience
writing drivers for FreeBSD and would like advice on how to accomplish
my goal. For example, how to properly debug the driver, where I might
get programming hints or spec.s for the two cards, or any other related
information I should know.
	I'd even appreciate any examples of how other people went about
writing other device drivers.

--
Charles Green				             UN*X System Administration
22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &