Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:59:40 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        David Bogen <db@bogen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1-R to 4.3-S ports/cvsup problem

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:30:41AM -0700, David Bogen wrote:
> There are several 4.1.1-RELEASE boxes where I work.  I've started the
> process to bring them current by cvsuping to 4.3-STABLE.  The process I
> use is something like this:
>
> cvsup src
> cvsup ports collection
> make new world
> make new kernel
> reboot
> login
> try and make a port (bash2, for example)
> receive the following warning:
>
> Error: your port uses an old layout. Please update it to match this
> bsd.port.mk. If you have updated your ports collection via cvsup and
> are still getting this error, see Q12 and Q13 in the cvsup FAQ on
> http://www.polstra.com for further
> information.
[snip]

> Examining the CVSup FAQ at Polstra.com does not reveal anything labelled
> Q12 or Q13.  So that is a dead-end.

Errr.. 'Q' is a common abbreviation for 'Question', and the CVSup FAQ
certainly does have questions with numbers 12 and 13 :)
Take a look at:
http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html#adopt
http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html#adoptupgrade

G'luck,
Peter

--
When you are not looking at it, this sentence is in Spanish.