Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:35:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matt's Commit status (was Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Robert Withrow wrote:

> drosih@rpi.edu said:
> :- While others seemed too busy with "new" technology to bother with
> :- ugly-old-NFS problems, Matt dived in and pursued them with enough
> :- enthusiasm to make a real difference.
>
> In particular, lots of NFS bugs that had been there, and reported,
> since early 2.2 days.  Bugs that made it impossible for me to agitate for
> FreeBSD boxes to replace the hundreds of Sun workstations at my site,
> cuz NFS would just fall over dead.
>
> I don't care even if Matt smells like a pig.  He's a-fixin bugs, don't
> ye know?

I really can't get too excited over a bunch of folks who continually
open threads that are painful, that have been explained in horrible
detail, as if they have some new viewpoint.  It was done for very good
reasons, although we didn't ask your permissions, and it wasn't kept a
secret (except maybe that no one wanted to embarrass Matt).

Either go back to the mail archives and *find out* why it was done, or
please do everyone involved a service and stop this.  There isn't any
conspiracy here, sorry!

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |