Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:55:32 -0700
From:      "Crist Clark" <crist.clark@globalstar.com>
To:        Marcel Dijk <nascar24@home.nl>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, Jason DiCioccio <Jason.DiCioccio@Epylon.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW almost works now.

Marcel Dijk wrote:

> > To the original poster, also keep in mind that firewalls at the other
> > end of your connection could be making trouble for you too. You can use
> > tcpdump(8) and firewall logging to see if traffic is getting to your
> > FTP server at all.
> > --
> > Crist J. Clark                                Network Security Engineer
> > crist.clark@globalstar.com                    Globalstar, L.P.
> > (408) 933-4387                                FAX: (408) 933-4926
>
> Traffic IS getting to the FTP server, because I can login. The thing is when
> I have logged in and the client sends the LIST command it can't read the
> directory and closes the connection. As discribed here:
>
> _______________________________________
> Can't build data connection: interrupted system call.
> ABOR command succesfull.
> Connection Lost
> _______________________________________
>
> So, connection TO the server seems to work but when the server tries to SEND
> traffic to the client it fails.

I realize that you are having no problem with your _control_ connection,
your data connection is failing. I was interested in tcpdump(8) to make
sure that the incoming data connection was actually making it to your
server, or just to see what the heck was up with the data connection.
--
Crist J. Clark                                Network Security Engineer
crist.clark@globalstar.com                    Globalstar, L.P.
(408) 933-4387                                FAX: (408) 933-4926

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If
the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact postmaster@globalstar.com