Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:17:17 -0500
From:      "Scott T. Hildreth" <shildret@scotth.emsphone.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gconfd-2

Hello,

   I am hopping someone can point me in the right direction.  I did a portupgrade
of all the xfce4 ports, evolution, and galeon.  I restarted the xfce and when I try
to start evolution, mozilla, or galeon, I keep getting this error message,

<<< Fri Apr 30 13:52:25 2004 >>>
Apr 30 13:52:25 scotth gconfd (shildret-683): I can't write to './orbit-shildret', ORB init failed
Apr 30 13:52:25 scotth /kernel: pid 683 (gconfd-2), uid 1013: exited on signal 6

... I have tried removing all the gconf & orbit dirs in /tmp, /var/tmp, and my home.
When I try gconfd-2, the dirs get re-created and the same error appears.  In fact the
orbit-shildret in my home gets created with a date of "Dec 31 1969".  I cannot figure this
out, any ideas would be much appreciated!

                                                Thanks,
                                                   STH