Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:29:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Alexander Best <alexbestms@wwu.de>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] extending/completing brandelf's OS knowledge

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Kostik Belousov wrote:

> I do not see a need for such rudimentary ELF editor in the base at all.

So, perhaps it's time to move brandelf out of the base? And if so, perhaps
Alexander's contribution could be incorporated into a port for it?

> After the work of dchagin@/bz@, brandelf is needed only for the corner
> cases, if at all.

Hmm, I was fooling around with some linux'y stuff the other day and needed
to brandelf it (don't remember what, obviously wasn't that important). :)
If this happens again in the future, is it worth reporting somewhere?
(-emulation@ ?)

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso