Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:25:05 +0100 (MEZ)
From:      "Hr.Ladavac" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
To:        kingram@ipro.com (Ken Ingram)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding Hard Drives - Prepping

E-mail message from Ken Ingram contained:
> OK. I wrote in a bit of anger. I'm fine now. :^]
>
> Once I get this working I will, in fact, compile the answers I receive
> and submit them for addition to section 2.15
>
> Some of the stuff has cleared up the main problem is mount. I don't think
> I know how to use it correctly.
>
> I keep getting
> #mount /dev/rwd2s1e /articles
> mount: /articles: No such file or directory.

The mount point (directory) must also exist prior to mounting.  man mount.

After the mount the previous contents of the directory will be hidden from
you (until you unmount, unless you use some more exotic filesystems which
are used to 'overlay' the mount point.)

/Marino