Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:24:51 +0200
From:      Matthias Heidbrink <mh@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        "Philipp H. Mohr" <philippmohr@gmx.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: problems with Teles 16.3

Hi Philipp,

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 02:37:27PM +0100, Philipp H. Mohr wrote:
> But I still can't manage to estaglish a connection to an isp.
> I have run the script from page 45 section 10.2
> ifconfig isp0 delete -link1 down   - didn't work

Well, that's the command to shut this network interface _down_.

I don't see any mistake in your config, but that does not necessarily mean
that there is none ;-) . I don't know which parameters are required to connect
to MSN and I don't know if it can be done without Windows at all ;-) - maybe
you should use some call-by-call provider with known parameters for testing.

The next steps that you should do are the following:
- If you are using a firewall, configure it to pass everything (man ipfw)
- Enable debugging for the ISDN stuff (see the manual how to do that)
- Check that natd is running and configured correctly
- Check the network setup and routing. You must have an IP address from a
  private adress space and the default route must be set to the ISDN
  interface.
- Check what happens with the line state in the ISDN monitor. Do you get the
  active state at all?

If that does not help you to find the problem, send us a log except of
a try to connect (with debugging enabled) and all relevant configuration
files.

Ciao, Matthias