Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:10:02 GMT
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/141696: [rum] [panic] rum(4)+ vimage = kernel panic

The following reply was made to PR kern/141696; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, venture37@geeklan.co.uk
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:53:50 -0800

 almost certainly there is an entry-point/code-path into the networking
 code from the rum driver that does not set the current vnet context.

 the easiest way to find this point is to compile in hte kernel
 debugger, (options ddb and kdb) and then make it happen again.
 then get a stack packtrace (bt).
 this will show us exactly what the code path is.

 There is a small possibility it is a generic path from usb code
 through usb-based netywork interfaces, as I remember something like
 htis being fixed in -current but I don't remember exactly the details..

 julian