Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:04:29 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: PCVT's death

> This understanding was even strengthened by a discussion style of "Mine
> is for shure longer than yours. And hey, _i_ am the core member".

Well, do also bear in mind that all discussion styles are partially in
the eye of the beholder. :-) Email just simply sucks as a
communication medium (as useful as it is) since too much vital
information is discarded by current limitations in the process (and
anyone who thinks that facial expression and tone of voice doesn't
constitute vital information has clearly never argued with a mate :-).

Someday we'll have all that information available again and
unintentional flame wars will be almost unheard of.  Man, won't THAT
be boring!

> How much more politely and more core-team-member behaving would it have been
> to just ask: "Hey Hellmuth, don't you think its time to update pcvt and
> better integrate into FreeBSD ?". He would have gotten the answer, "shure

"Hey, Hellmuth, don't you think it's time to update pcvt and better
integrate it into FreeBSD?" :-)

Even better, do you have any areas in which you'd like some help?
Appealing for help in -hackers doesn't always accomplish anything,
I'll be the first to admit, but as our user base grows it does seem
that there are also more folks volunteering for such work.  It's
worth a shot. :)

- Jordan