Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:30:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        perlsta@sunyit.edu (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        dmm125@bellatlantic.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest wine && seg-faults on freebsd

Alfred Perlstein said:
> i've been working on the freebsd port to wine "unofficially"
>
> well the problem lies in the fact that freebsd doesn't support the clone()
> system call directly, i'm working on finding a suitable replacement,
> someone on the list already gave me a lot of useful information towards
> accomplishing this.

I kind of missed why you were interested in the rfork(XXX), and now I
understand :-).  I am on the home-stretch for a business trip to work
in the Bay area, so will be very busy for a few days.  However, I think
that we have just hit a critical mass for implementing clone as-is.  It
won't be difficult, because we already have the primitives in the kernel.
However, it will be a few weeks before I can work on it (unless someone
else with the savvy can do it.)

That is, if our 'rfork' wont do it for you.