Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 11:18:35 +0100
From:      "Hall J D (ISeLS)" <jdhall@glam.ac.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: AIC-7902 problems

From: Don Bowman [mailto:don@sandvine.com]
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 16:52:37 +0100, Hall J D (ISeLS) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've just got a SuperMicro X5DE8 motherboard based server
> with dual Xeon
> > 2.4GHz processors and 2GB ram. This has got an on board
> AIC-7902 based dual
> > channel Ultra 320 SCSI controller onboard. Plugged into
> channel A of the
> > controller are two Fujitsu LVD Ultra320 SCA drives a 36GB
> and a 73GB.

> I've merged the driver from MAIN (actually just dropped it
> in intact) to releng-4. The problem is still present for
> me. I'm not sure what a READ(6)/WRITE(6) not supported is.
>
> Further, it appears that disabling tagging causes the problem
> to go away (for me):
>
> camcontrol negotiate da0 negotiate -T disabled
>
>this can probably be done within your bios (^A on boot) to allow you
>to install.
>
>with the old system bios and the new system bios, this seems
>to have the same value (the entire output of camcontrol negotiate
>is the same) so i'm not sure what is different.

There's no option in the SCSI BIOS that I can find to disable tagging and
the cut-down version of camcontrol that's available during the 4.8 install
doesn't have the negotiate option available.

Incidentally my X5DE8 is running bios 1.1c and there's a 1.2b available for
download. Might give that a try. By the sound of your bios version numbers
you've got one of the Intel chipset boards, mine is ServerWorks GC-SL based.

Jonathan